What documents do I need to apply for my certification?
The following items are needed:
1. A notarized certification application form.
2. A copy of ACTFL score certificates of oral and written proficiency tests in the English language.
3. A photocopy of a teaching credential in another field (for endorsement only).
4. A letter documenting teaching experience from the school principal (for endorsement only).
5. A notarized non-citizen oath form (for non-U.S. citizens only).
6. An application fee of $170 ($95 for endorsement) payable to The College of New Jersey.
Note: For a New Jersey state-issued certificate: Non-citizens must have a U.S. Social Security number and be eligible for employment in the U.S.
Please contact your adviser for certification application forms and procedures.